Tuesday, January 1, 2013

About the Writer...

I get a lot of questions, queries, requests, etc for personal information or background information about moi.

I share some of it, but I am a very shy and private person so I don't give out a whole lot of information about myself.

I'll see if I can satisfy the curiosity and still keep my virtual virtue intact.

I am a native New Englander. After forty years of living in the arctic, I made the move to Central Florida where I have been living for about five years. Leaving New England was not a hardship...I don't ski, I hate snow and ice.

The only thing I really miss about New England is my Patriots. I am a HUGE football fan and I love my Pats. Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Gronk, Danny Woodhead, Aaron Hernandez, Vince Wilfork...these are my guys...love 'em!!

Beyond football, I am not much of a sports fan. I'll watch a Celtics game if they are in the playoffs and I will follow the Red Sox just to see how badly they are doing.

Because of what I write in my stories, many people assume I am a lifelong rider...wrong.

I have been horse-obsessed since birth, but from the age of about 15 til my early forties I was far to heavy to ride.

In January of 2011 (almost two years), I took matters into my own hands and had a gastric bypass. Best decision I ever made...two years and two hundred pounds later I am in the best shape I've been in since high school and healthier than I've been my whole adult life.

As soon as I lost enough weight, I sought out a place where I could start riding for the first time since childhood. I found a small ranch that operates a rescue (like the ones in my stories). They rescue abused and abandoned horses rehabilitate and/or train them and try to adopt them to good families.

They do amazing work and I love riding there.

A lot of people have noticed that when I started my stories, the riding was all western and about halfway through there was a shift to Zak, Spin and now Dylan riding English. The main reason for that was that after riding western all my life, I started taking English lessons this fall. It's a bitch compared to western. Uses alot of different muscles, but definitely helps improve your riding skills.

As far as me personally, I love reading...not just the stuff you find on Nifty, etc, but authors like James Patterson, Jodi Piccoult and Jonathan Kellerman. As a kid I was often chased out of the 'adult section' of the library cuz I outgrew the 'Hardy Boys' by second grade. Stephen King was my favorite as a kid, but I haven't read one of his books in about twenty years.

I am a HUGE comic book freak (mega-geek, that's me). I am strictly super-heroes when it comes to my comics...DC is my company...I enjoy some Marvel, but DC kicks ass. My current favorite book is Scott Snyder's 'Batman'.

My love of comics is reflected in two tattoos on my upper right arm. One is of the Batman/Superman logo and the other is a Robin logo (Robin is my favorite character).

I'm a big movie buff, got my first blu-ray player about a year ago and have spent the last year switching out my collection to Blu-Ray. My favorite acquisition so far is the Bond 50 set...every James Bond movie in Blu-Ray...I am a HUGE Bond junkie.

I love music. All kinds of music. My iPod has about 20000 songs on it ranging from Patsy Cline to Eminem and from The Carpenters to One Direction and Hot Chelle Rae. I love it all.

Well, I guess that's enough about me for now.

For those who don't get e-mail updates from me, Chapter four of 'Lessons Learned' will post on Friday. For those who have been wondering about the F-150 in Zak's neighborhood...you might want to check this chapter out.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment